PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice“) describes how Bread History Sdn Bhd (“Bread History”) uses your Personal Data.
Bread History shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Bread History website: www.breadhistory.com.my (“Website”). By continuing to communicate with Bread History or by continuing to use Bread History’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, age, identification card number, passport number, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, any information about you which you have provided to Bread History in any forms (such as online order, website, app, social media, email, registration or subscription forms, competition or lucky draw forms) and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Bread History from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Bread History directly, Bread History may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation, through third parties engaged by Bread History for its events, when you register to be on Bread History’s mailing list, when you register for Bread History’s events or promotions (e.g. competitions, contests and lucky draws), when you redeem gifts, when you interact and communicate with Bread History at events, when you provide your name card to any personnel of Bread History, when making enquiries or otherwise, or by using or subscribing to the Website and App.
- Please note that Bread History may also use closed circuit television (CCTV) and other security measures at its premises that may capture or record images of visitors in public areas and information related to your location. Bread History may also use other technologies that record sound or video to protect its customers, staff and property.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Bread History your Personal Data, Bread History will not be able to process your request for redemption or registration, and will therefore result in you being unable to redeem gifts, participate in the events that you are interested in or receive updates and news on the latest Bread History events and promotions.
Purposes of Processing
- Bread History may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of Bread History which shall include, without limitation: –
- Where you have purchased any products or services from Bread History and/or provided any goods or services to Bread History, in order for Bread History to prepare any legal documentation or any other documents in relation thereto;
- Where you have requested for a redemption of a gift, registered for an event or subscribed to Bread History’s mailing list, in order for Bread History to process and administer such redemptions, registrations and subscriptions;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to provide for the safety and security of staff and other visitors;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and to improve our services;
- for Bread History to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Bread History using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and Promotional Purposes
- Bread History may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as to send you greeting cards and to send you updates and news on the latest Bread History events and promotions which may be of interest to you, by way of post, telephone call and/or by email.
- If you do not consent to Bread History processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed as above please notify Bread History using the contact details stated as below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia and/or where Bread History’s or third-party servers are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of processing your gift redemption, event registration or mailing list subscription. Further, Bread History may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on Bread History’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. Such third parties include (without limitation): –
- Our information technology service providers;
- Our professional advisors and external auditors;
- Other entities under Bread History Sdn. Bhd.; and
- Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
- Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 6 above and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting: –
- Marketing Team
Bread History Sdn Bhd
73 & 75, Jalan Industri Beringin, Taman Perindustrian Beringin, 14000 Bukit Mertajam. Penang.
- Marketing Team
+604-505 0070 (T)
+604-505 0170 (F)
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Bread History has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow the minor under your care to submit Personal Data to us. In the event that such Personal Data to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.